Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 17 - ("sedanbaest" - BOSNIAN)

I have used these tools before for my graduate classes. It does save amazing amounts of time searching for materials to use. I did create a folder a long time ago for my class where I placed content I found for my research paper. Where I found trouble was in the amount of materials I had to go through. The productivity was great....almost too great (smile). I had to be real picky and more specific in some of my searches. These tools, back then, seemed like the future for libraries. It felt like why was there a need for paper bound resources when they could easily be accessed from a screen and gathered by a printer. I can still recall walking up and down the aisles in my undergraduate college library searching for articles. How far we have come in such a short amount of time.

I do not see a quick application for third graders, but I do see how teachers can use these productivity tools. Be it in our own researching or just to gain added information on an issue or topic these are wonderful tools for teachers.

No comments: