Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 20 - ("dalawampu" - FILIPINO)

I have been avoiding Myspace and Facebook for many years because of two reasons: (1) I am a teacher, (2) I am a male. This school year our school district really made an effort to immerse us in Web 2.0. I then created my first Facebook page. I left it blank for many months. Typed in a few words on my profile. This summer, after recently (since starting 23 Things on a Stick) I start accepting invites from friends and started checking my Facebook page once in awhile. It just started to spread from there. I think that your name showing up on people's pages helps them connect to you. I have been in contact with people I haven't heard from in over 10 years.

I think it is one of the most powerful social networking sites. It does connect you because of how it shares how you have been contacting other people on your site. The web grows from there....almost uncontrollably.

I joined the 23 Things On a Stick Group. It was cool to find it there. I made a short post and left it at that. A lot of people posted sharing their experiences with 23 Things On a Stick. Those were cool to read.

No comments: