Thursday, June 12, 2008

Challenge for Thing 7

I joined the Google Group for 23 Things On a Stick, Meebo, and Twitter. The interesting thing about this challenge is that it is quite interactive. I have to use these more to get a feel for their use and if I even like them. I placed the Meebo and Twitter widgets on this blog. We'll see how it goes. If you want to join and become my friend (that sounds really pathetic), let me know.

I changed my home page on my internet service to my Google Reader. It is definitely forcing me to use it more. I caught myself bookmarking to my weather link this morning. Habit, habit, habit. I have added a lot of RSS to my Google Reader. The Google Group is on their now. I saw that Master Michael Walker is part of that group as well.

I will just sit back and see how this challenge goes.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

As I mentioned on the 23 Things Google Group, that's where I found your post and based on your blog's tech leaning, I've added you to my Google Reader subscription.

My Google Reader addiction took quickly, but I found that I was using it sporadically so now, I've scheduled time weekly on Google Calendar(which pops up as a reminder using the Lab Edition of Google Talk).

So yes, I use Google Talk and chat quite regularily. It is how my friends and I communicate during the day. I'm not comfortable giving out my nickname in a public forum like this one, but I'll add you to my list and possibly send you a "hi"

Jon Zetah said...

Amanda, thank you for your comment. Cool idea about using Google Calendar. I will look into that as well. I think I might use that feature to help me check out all of my RSSed things on my Google Reader. You were dead on that I saw this post before finding your post in Google Group.

I saw your link to your blog. I look forward to checking it out. Thank you and I hope to catch you through Google Talk sometime.