Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thing 6 ("ingodwaaswi" - OJIBWE)





Here are the trading cards I created using Big Huge Labs. I believe the students would get a kick out of using this. Many of them at this age level have played card games like Pokeman and Yu-Gi-Oh. They would really enjoy having the ability to create their own. The writing, mathematics, and reading involved to create their own trading card game would be worth the effort and time. I look forward to seeing which students would be wanting to take on that challenge.

I also created a card showing symmetry. In many of our curriculums there are card inserts for students to use in small groups or individual tasks. This could be a way to individualize it towards any lesson or mini-lesson that I do not have a card for. I could see myself using this tool in stations which would give directions to students, added enrichment for student homework, and even with staff sharing what each of us are doing in our classrooms.

This is very novel, but can be used effectively.

No comments: