Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing 4 ("quattro" - ITALIAN)


Fallen Tree Next to Home, originally uploaded by thedexterzero.

Okay, I just uploaded this photo I took from this year. My neighbor's tree almost crunched my little home. See the window right behind the tree trunk. That's where my bed is! It was a close call. Little damage to the both homes, but look at the poor little fence squished by the fallen tree.

I have used flickr.com before but not to this extent. I have never uploaded a picture on this page (it was easy to create an account since I already had a Yahoo account) and now I am instantly posting the picture on my blog from flickr.com. This is a first. I am use to saving the picture on my computer and then uploading it from my computer to the target site. I can see how this may save time and definitely save computer space. It is weird posting from this (flickr.com) site because I do not have all of the whistles and bells (hyperlinks, image uploads, and text manipulation. Although, I am pretty sure I can edit this post once it is on my Blogger Blog.

It was cool adding tags to the photo and putting in my own little description of the image. Adding this to flickr means anyone can use it. That is pretty sweet. I can see how some people may get a little addicted to posting images hoping people will use theirs. That sort of instant ownership is empowering for the takers and givers.

I do take tons of photos of the learning in my classroom each year. I create a video at the end of the year for the students to have. Security reasons limit my abilities to use those images on flickr. Students could use images from flickr.com for their reports or projects. I still need more time thinking about how flickr.com can offer more to students than just simple photo sharing, but maybe that is enough in itself.

No comments: